At GGU, we have been training public administration professionals for 50 years. Our students are the future managers and leaders of public sector organizations at federal, state, and municipal levels of government, including non-profits. You’ve got the moral compass – we’ll give you the leadership skills you need to forge your career path.
"With this higher degree, search firms were more interested in me as a candidate. I graduated with the skill set and confidence to apply for varied leadership positions which otherwise would have been beyond my reach."
--Christina P. McGovern (EMPA 13)
Director of Development, Medical Center
UCSF Medical Center
President, Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation
- Driven by you. Our curriculum is largely student-directed, involving written projects, case studies, presentations, and in-depth debates of current practices and policies.
- Real-world training. All of our courses are taught by professionals actively working in their field of expertise, which equips you with practical, on-the-job skills.
- Flexible schedules, online options. Our evening and weekend classes and fully online programs allow you to earn a master’s degree at your own pace.
- Personal attention. With small class sizes, a low student-to-teacher ratio, and one-on-one career advising, GGU gives you the attention you need to learn and grow to your fullest potential.
- Generous financial aid. We award a variety of scholarships to entering students based on both merit and need. Talk with a counselor to learn more.
- Vast alumni network. Build relationships with GGU’s diverse array of professional contacts.
Choose the graduate or undergraduate program that suits your goals.
Executive Master of Public Administration
The Executive MPA is an accelerated program that allows experienced professionals to build upon their expertise and focus on specific government functions. Our MPA program has a longstanding, well-respected reputation: GGU has been a proud member of and is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Affairs, Policy, and Administration (NASPAA) since 1973.
Executive MPA, Law Enforcement & Security Concentration
This concentration is designed for law enforcement, public safety, probation, correctional, military police, first responders, as well as public and private security professionals who seek to gain advanced knowledge, critical thinking, as well as operational and managerial skills in their dynamic field.
Executive MPA, Judicial Administration Concentration
GGU partnered with the California Administrative Office of the Courts to create this degree. This unique program trains students to carry out civil service recruitment and selection, policy research presentation, leadership and organizational analysis, public budgeting, and more.
- Judicial Administration
MBA, concentration in Public Administration
This progressive graduate concentration prepares MBA students to navigate the complexity of the public sector.
BA in Management, concentration in Public Administration
This customizable concentration trains undergraduate management students in the recent developments in public policy.
BS in Business, concentration in Public Administration
This innovative undergraduate concentration gears business students toward a career in public service.
To learn more about our public administration programs, reach out to us by completing the form on the right.